Powerful Morning Habits
Are you a morning person? Many people enjoy getting up at the sunrise and having a cup of coffee while they browse the web and others prefer to sleep in as long as possible but the most successful people in the world embrace the mornings and in fact there are certain habits that the successful people all seem to share. These tips can be implemented as a mother in business, but even if you can only do one or two, you will feel like a winner!
1. Get up Early: have you heard the adage early to bed, early to rise? The rest of it is that it makes a man (or woman) healthy, wealthy and wise but in this case it really does make you more successful. If you read about the most successful entrepreneurs out there, you will notice that they get up very early and start their day – and they usually get quite a bit accomplished in the morning as well.
2. Start with Exercise: studies have shown that people who exercise in the morning are much better equipped to handle the day. You’ll be able to use your brain better, you’ll have more energy and you will simply be better at all of the tasks that you attempt after a half hour or so of exercise. This doesn’t have to be extremely strenuous; it could just be a jog through the park or a bike ride, or even a stretch routine or some yoga. The important thing is that you get your body moving.
3. Eat a Good Breakfast: breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you probably know that because experts have been saying it for decades. If you aren’t a breakfast person, you’re not alone. There are lots of people out there who prefer not to eat breakfast and just wait until lunch rolls around. But eating breakfast could help you be more productive and if you try it once you might find that you really enjoy the results. You’ll also avoid that mid morning slump which is the enemy of productivity
4. Do the Hardest Thing First: when you get started in the morning don’t go with the easy tasks first. Tackle the hardest project that you have; the one that you’re dreading above all of the others. Once you get that one out of the way you’ll find that the other projects are easy to accomplish and your day will go much smoother.
5. Prepare the Previous Day: the night before, try to prepare as much as you can so that you’re ready to sit down and get to work as soon as morning comes.
6. Have a shower: a morning shower is awakening and invigorating!
7. So this is an extra one that I’m adding: Have an effective morning beauty regime, a selection of functional and multi-use products, such as a non toxic face wash and multi use balm, products that can target specific issues you may have with your skin, a routine that won’t take up too much of your time. Healthy habits can sky rocket confidence and productivity. As a busy mum of 3 verging on the close end of my 30s, this is a very important part of my morning.
Give these tips a go and let me know how you get on!